About Me

My photo
hi! my name is kirsty gilliburn and i am a student at manchester school of art studying Design and Art Direction. Sometimes my mind runs off on a tangent and i imagine myself sat in a Vogue office wearing head to toe chanel, the new anna wintour. A girl can dream.

Tuesday 6 April 2010

I recently attended a portfolio surgery with Ian Anderson. i tried to think of as many possible ways to get out of it, i was to put it nicely (shitting) myself!! even though i had met him before and even done a workshop of his, i knew how honest he could be and was worried that he was going to fully let go when he saw my portfolio. despite enjoying the projects i do and thinking my outcomes were good, i know that my tutors don't think the same and worried that Ian was going to feel the same as them about my work. Thankfully nothing got said about my actual work, it was all about my presentation technique; which i was quite happy with. the only criticism that i was given was to be more confident about my work. i wasn't as fully prepared for the surgery as i would have hoped, i didn't know what was going to be asked of me and thought the questions and criticisms were going to be directed at my work, but they were just directed at my presentation techniques. i'd worried so much about the work in my portfolio that i hadn't rehearsed the presentation as much. maybe if i had i would have come across alot more confident about my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment